Repeat prescriptions may be requested in the following ways:
- In person - bring the computer slip in to the health centre. If you do not have this with you, you will be asked to fill in a form with your requirements and put it into the locked prescription post box.
- Online - Register for online prescription ordering. For repeat items only. Please complete a registration form and either hand in to reception or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will then be posted out login details to use this service.
- By telephone - on 0345 337 1150 between 10:30 and 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- By post - send your request in together with a stamped addressed envelope if you wish it returned.
- Chemist - Drop off your repeat slip and the chemist will deliver it to the Health Centre reception.
Prescriptions can be collected from Reception or, alternatively, can be sent to either of the two local chemists in Ellon or the Balmedie chemist. Effective 1st September 2018 we will no longer issue repeat prescriptions at Reception to anyone other than the patient (unless consent is held on record). Everyone will be required to provide sufficient form of identification prior to repeat prescription release.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
- Please allow 72 hours for prescriptions to be processed and remember to consider weekends and bank holidays. 'Same day' urgent repeat order prescriptions will no longer be issued from the surgery Reception, these will be forward to a nominated pharmacy after 5pm for your collection (subject to duty doctor team availability to review/authorise and with the exception of "controlled drugs").