Clinics & Services
All GP Practices are contracted to provide "essential services", that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following "additional services":
- Child Health Surveillance, together with the Health Visiting Team
- Contraceptive Services. Specialist services such as IUCD and Implanon insertion are available at the Family Planning Clinic in the surgery.
- Maternity Services in the ante natal and post natal period, together with the community midwives.
- Route Immunisation of Children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, and the surgery no longer operates a 'travel clinic'. Please enquire at reception for details.
- Cervical Smears - Cervical Screening is by NHS invite. Contact the practice reception to arrange your appointment.
We also hold contracts with Grampian Primary Care NHS Trust for the following services which had been temporarily suspended in accordance with NHS Scotland Guidelines and in general are now resumed on a more limited or 'remote' basis. We are currently progressing through applicable patient lists and will contact in due course. If you have Asthma or Hypertension please see further information below:
If you have Asthma, the weblink below may be useful for learning further about your condition and what you can do to improve it. You can check your inhaler technique and download your own asthma plan.
Asthma plans are an important aid for managing your disease, which involves knowing your own "Peak Flow" measurement using a Peak Flow Meter.
A Peak Flow Meter can be prescribed by the surgery on prescription, requested via the prescription phone line. If you already have one then please let us know for our records as this may mean that we can manage your annual asthma review remotely when paused service resumes.
For further support information visit http://asthma.org.uk
We have introduced 'Florence' for patients who wish to use home monitor readings if they are able to do so. If you do not already have one you may be interested in purchasing a home Blood Pressure (BP) Monitor. Recommendations for a suitable device can be found via the Blood Pressure UK Org website link below. It would be helpful if you decide to purchase one that you let the surgery know, to enable recording in your medical notes. Please visit the 'Florence BP Monitoring' tab for further details.
Upon restrictions being lifted we hope to resume monitoring at the earliest opportunity however we appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult circumstances.
Please visit the following website for useful information for learning more about your condition and what you can do to improve it. http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou?
The resumption of clinics below will follow in accordance with NHS Scotland guidelines, these may be of 'remote' contact nature:
- Minor Surgery
- Orthopaedic Clinic
- Diabetic Clinic
- Drug/Alcohol Clinic
- Blood Clinic (Phlebotomy)
Following withdrawal of the Aberdeenshire GP Practice Contractual Agreements to all clinics for Dermatology services, we no longer provide a Dermatology Clinic.